Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

John West receives Suspension Letter from UKIP Chairman

Activist and Prospective Parliamentary Candidate John West has received the first of a number of expected 'suspension/dismissal letters' from UKIP Chairman Paul Nuttall. As previously predicted, a number of loyal UKIP members are to find themselves expelled from the Party, they have given much time and money to, just for questionning, and in some cases, disagreeing with, the Leadership.

Whilst the letter is sympathetically phrased, can anyone doubt its sinister undertones?

Letter Contents:

UKIP Head Office
PO Box 408,
Newton Abbot,
Devon
TQ12 9BG

Tel: 01626 831290
Fax: 01626 831348

12 November 2008

Mr John West**Address CUT by GLW.**


Dear John,

Unfortunately, I am today suspending you as UK Independence Party PPC for Ipswich North and Suffolk Central under rule 16.2 of the Constitution. The final decision regarding your candidacy will now be put before the NEC on December 15` 2008.

I am also informing you that there have been a number of serious complains made against you, which have now been passed on to the Party Secretary.

This is particularly hard for me as I have always found you to be hard-working and extremely likable. I also know that you still feel aggrieved by the You Tube scenario and demand an apology. I had a lot of sympathy for you in this matter and I am truly sorry that it happened.
However, your behaviour since that instance has brought the party into disrepute.

You reported the former leader of the party to the Police, without a shred of evidence; you show no remorse for your actions, even though the Police have said there is no case to answer and you now openly claim that the same individual is under investigation by OLAF, also without foundation.

I hope you understand that I cannot allow this situation to continue.
I will repeat that I like you John and have always supported you in the past, but I think you are being manipulated and used by some very unsavoury characters indeed. I therefore take this decision with a heavy heart.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Nuttall
Chairman of the UK Independence Party

No comments: